Senior Software Engineer (EaseWorks)
EASE is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to add to our growing team. In this role, you will work on a small but growing team on the front and back lines. You will handle enhancements and bug fixes on our platforms which are used by Aston Martin, Harley Davidson, Cummins, General Dynamics and many others. If you like challenges and making code clean, this could be the place for you.
About EASE, Inc.
For more than 30 years, EASE software has enabled leading manufacturers to drive lean manufacturing, workforce efficiency, process stabilization and continuous improvement from the design phase to assembly and beyond.
- Centrally managed tools that deliver dynamic content to the plant floor, resulting in improved build quality, reduced faults and process consistency
- Real-time connection with the plant floor and operator, including sophisticated in-process quality checks, data collection and change requests
- A multi-site capable document management, traceability and control platform that delivers work instructions, safety and maintenance information to the operators.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reduce the complexity of a stable, mature code base
- Refine the architectural layering of the applications
- Identify ways to reduce the problem identification time
- Enhance the existing automated build process
- Improve the entire product delivery lifecycle from problem identification and reproduction through development, automated build, test environment deployment, and customer delivery
- Working with customers, gather site and system information and determine the issue or need by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms or requirements.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of restoring or improving system functionality.
- Stay current with product information, changes and updates.
- Assist engineering and product management by providing feedback on bug fixes and enhancement requests and other issues
- Work with and manage offshore teams
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors or higher degree in a technical field, or 5-7 years equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with distributed development teams
- Experience working directly with customers
- Ability to get along with others and work as a member of a team that provides quick turnaround on critical issues
- Deep experience with ASP.NET WebForms and MasterPages
- Experience with database technologies (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Experience working with and refactoring large code bases
- Experience in Windows operating system/networking and diagnostics
- Experience with source code control, Git preferred.
- Experience with customer and technical support tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with VB.NET / C#
Ease is a rapidly growing provider of quality and process audit software to global aerospace, automotive and manufacturing companies such as Aston Martin, Harley Davidson, General Dynamics and Eaton Aerospace. The Ease quality platforms help manufacturers dramatically improve the effectiveness of their quality initiatives while
reducing administrative burdens through immediate insight into process deficiencies. We are leading the way for the world’s leading manufacturers to end “paper-based” quality initiatives and achieve unprecedented levels of organizational quality and consistency.
The Ease product development team prides itself on a collaborative, open, and friendly work environment. We are small, but rapidly growing and are looking for candidates who are a great fit both technically and culturally. If you love what you do and are passionate, come join us! EASE offers a competitive base salary, and benefits, including medical, vision and dental as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.