Ease is looking for a highly motivated and innovative Business Development Rep (BDR) Manager to ensure the success of the Business Development team for Ease’s Beacon Quality platform. You will be responsible for the hiring, training, management and professional development of the business development team. The BDR team is the engine that powers our growth and the team’s primary purpose is to set demo meetings for the Ease sales team. You will set goals, track calls, activities, meetings and produce reports and analysis. You will constantly strive to help the team improve their results through experimenting with different calling approaches and communication sequences, scripts and incentives.
Why You’ll Love Ease:
At Ease, our mission is to make everyone a champion for quality. From leading manufacturers in automotive and aerospace to consumer goods producers, thousands of plant floor workers around the world rely on our award-winning Beacon Quality SaaS platform to reduce customer complaints, and drive greater efficiency and a culture of quality.
Our employees are the heartbeat of everything we do, driven by the company’s guiding principles and a culture we passionately protect – especially as we continue to experience phenomenal year on year sales growth. At Ease we collaborate with respect and humility for one another and place great value on work/life balance and having fun while we do it! Employee development and training is part of our DNA so you can look forward to growth and a career path. We’re committed to the health and happiness of our employees and offer a comprehensive and generous benefit package including medical, vision and dental as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and grow a team of Business Development Reps
- Provide management of the team include hiring, training, motivating and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Establish and monitor key performance metrics by presenting weekly, monthly and/or quarterly goals and results for the BDR team.
- Measure the performance of the BDR team and determine if existing practices and processes are generating adequate results. Suggest improvements to processes as needed, implement improvements and monitor the impact of these changes.
- Collaborate closely with sales to ensure the BDR team is meeting their expectations and equally ensure that leads generated are proceeding appropriately through the sales process
- Work with marketing to create outbound campaigns, develop calling scripts, voicemails, emails, source contact data, agree qualification criteria for automation generated leads and provide feedback
- Support other marketing initiatives that are focused on driving BDR goals such as driving attendance to events and webinars
- Lead by example, demonstrating Ease’s six guiding principles and inspiring a culture of top performing team players
- Manage day to day leads, activities and tasks for BDRs
- Manage the entire inbound and outbound pipeline generation process for the BDR team
- Be an expert on Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach and other technology that supports the BDR team
- Display an ability to build confidence and trust with direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Maintain headcount via recruiting, selecting, and training new talent for your team as needed
- Conduct effective one on one coaching sessions
- Maintain a high level of team morale and motivation
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization to move projects forward
- Foster open and effective communication between the multiple roles within your team structure
- Work to develop additional training and learning programs that address the needs of the entire team
Required Qualification & Skills:
- You have spent at least 12-18 months as a successful Business Development Rep or Sales Development Rep, preferably in a fast-paced start-up environment
- At least 2 years of managerial experience or alternatively 18 months BDR/SDR team lead experience and looking to take the next step in your career into team management
- Prior direct sales experience a plus
- Direct experience with heavy prospecting processes such as multi-touch sales cadences, calling, emailing and social selling
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, motivate, generate change, and work with a diverse group of employees.
- You are versed in sales training and coaching best practices
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and possess the ability to manage multiple objectives simultaneously
- Strong analytic skills to identify team, sales, and program trends and results
- You have a good understanding of how the technology works from a conceptual standpoint and can effectively and succinctly teach technical information to a non-technical audience